Life is good again

I have a bad habit of venting on my blog about what I am physically going through at the time...and then things get better, life returns back to normal, and I don't mention  it again.

So just so no one will think I am still sitting in my pajamas doing nothing all day....as I had to do for nearly 2 weeks!...that is behind me. I love my home, but I had quite the fill of it for that week or so. I'm in Physical Therapy and it has done WONDERS  for me. I've been having laser treatments done on my shoulder, zapping those calcium deposits...I had no idea there was such a thing. My PT is amazed at my progress. He told me after looking at my xray the first time, that it would take months for me to get where I am now (just a week later!)

The pain is pretty much gone...that HORRIBLE pain....is GONE...probably the worst of my life.  I still have a long ways to go, but I'm getting better.

I've been told, especially by those older than me, "Better get use to these challenges because they are only going to get bigger from here on out."  

The sad part is this all happened during the 10 days Tyler and Karen were here for a visit. I only get to see them about twice a year so I was SO disappointed I couldn't cook for them, or take them places. We had a few things planned but they had to fall by the wayside. I wish they could turn around and come back and we could do this visit over, but I know that isn't possible with their schedules, etc.

I am so grateful to my family and friends who were patient and kind and so helpful. I appreciate it more than I can express. And I do mean YOU, and your comments of support.

Two weeks of pain are a drop in the bucket to what many people experience. But I was once again reminded to be compassionate to those who suffer. To reach out more as so many have reached out to me. And I remember a quote I heard during a Relief Society lesson many years ago, "

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle."


 On another note...
This morning I got to visit a friend who has moved about 45 minutes from here. We spent the morning catching up on our lives which is My kind of fun. On the way back I had to take a look at this corner:
 
The shop is gone now, but this is where my first husband was killed 14 years ago. It was actually good to see his store gone. I never liked that place and I really have no desire to see it again. But an empty lot is fine.





Last night after our baking adventure with the Young Women, I drove over to check on Jonas since he had been running a fever of 105'. The twins are so rarely sick....I think I've seen one runny nose and one fever and they are over 2 years old! Rare, I know.
 The End, for now.
Tomorrow I have a happy little video to show.

5 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

I loved this post Jill. This is a good reminder for us all.
I am so glad you are feeling better now. I was worried.
I didn't know they tore down Bill's shop. That is probably a good thing.
Hope Jonas is doing better.
I was so good seeing you at the shower. I need to come back so we can visit more.

Dad and Susan said...

We're so happy you're feeling better and better each day. Hooray for Physical Therapy. Hope Jonas feels better. Love, Dad and Susan

Rebecca said...

so glad to see you are back and feeling better.

grandmapeg said...

I'm glad the shop is done away with for your sake. And I'm glad the PT is working for you. I didn't know you were having laser treatments. Where have I been? Anyway, I'm glad you are feeling better. I LOVE that quote about everyone is fighting a battle. That is the truth, even when people don't show it on the outside. Keep getting better!!

Ammy said...

so glad you are feeling better. Sorry Jonas is so sick, I hate it when my girls get a low fever. 105 isn't good. Hope he's better soon!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...