He was feeling sorry for his Grandma Honey

I love it when life just happens, and it's good.

Last Friday I had 3 of my little grandchildren for the morning, Jonas, Téa, and Violet. 
I knew I would need to go somewhere with them as soon
as the electrician arrived to work on our kitchen. 

But the man arrived 30 minutes earlier than expected! No time to pack lunches for us all. 
So I just basically scooped my 3 little people up and out the door we went.

Shopping with these three!…..well let's just say we all worked up an appetite. 
McDonalds was right there handy so I decided to get them all Happy Meals. 
I know the Food Babe would not approve, but sometimes you just do what you have to do. 
Besides, Happy Meals make them: HAPPY!

I was hungry too. But being gluten free it's hard to find food on the fly. 
So the best I could do was order a fish fillet sandwich with no bun. 
I know the fish fillet is not completely gluten free but I had to eat something.

This is how it came. That fish fillet was actually tiny, and the one leaf of lettuce. Fine dining.



After I got our food we went to park somewhere so I could distributed out the bags.
Then somehow Jonas peering over the front seat, noticed that I had an odd looking lunch.
He sounded alarmed when he asked, "Is that all you got??"  

He said again even louder, "That is all you get to eat??" I told him it was fine. 
Then I heard him say quietly to himself, "That is all she has."

Then there was this silence in the car. All those little eyes were looking at me and my lunch.
 Jonas was especially quiet, not moving at all, like he was frozen in thought. 
Then he said in a sudden upbeat voice like he's trying to cheer me up: 
"Well…Do you have any Ranch? Your lettuce would taste really good with Ranch on it."  

Jonas tried so hard to come up with a good spin on my problem lunch!
He's only 4 years old, but he's future good husband material!


I think he was still feeling sorry for me when as soon as we stopped the car, 
he unbuckled himself and then started working on Violet. 


This one's for you Jonas:



11 comments:

Richard said...

Enough of the semi kooky stuff...let's see the kitchen.

Grandma Honey said...

Mañana

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!
darlene

Susan Anderson said...

I LOVE this. What a cute little guy.

=)

grandmapeg said...

Grandkids are the best and I agree with Jonas about the lettuce being good with Ranch. By the way, your backseat looks like mine :-)

Karen Mortensen said...

What a sweet story.

Ammy said...

Cute! Yes! Im excited to see the kitchen as well!

Grandmotherfairy said...

You have got to love the innocence of those sweet babies…they make life worth living…even yucky lunches!

Scrapally said...

so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I love this story and the quote!

Heidi

cristie said...

my eyes are moist. xox

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...