The most creative wedding announcement I've ever seen.

Before I get to that, I need to tell you who it is about.

See these beautiful girls....

These are my Laurels. They will always be my Laurels.
I taught these very special girls years ago at church when they were 16-17 years old. 


See the one back row, 4th from the left? That's Natalie. And this is her invitation 
that I received this in the mail a few days ago. How she kept track of all this info, I have no clue!


And here is the new blended family. Aren't they beautiful!



They are now living in Portland, about 30 minutes from the McKs, and Tyler and Karen.

Natalie was the one who came over to our house one afternoon in 1996 after my first husband died, 
armed with art supplies. She helped Tyler make a memory box for some of his Dad's things. It was 
one of the most thoughtful things she could have done for him.  

I look at the family picture above 
and I'm filled with happiness for all of them. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Thanks for sharing this.
darlene

Karen Mortensen said...

This is so adorable. I wish them the best.

Susan Anderson said...

What a great story, and I love the invitation as well.

I always remember my YW fondly, too. And it's so fun to "watch" them all grow up via blogs, FB, etc.

=)

Scrapally said...

Very sweet! Love the memory box idea. I'm happy for her!

Anonymous said...

That was so kind of her, about what she did way back. I also agree about her invitation being the most creative I've seen!
Heidi

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...